Highway 41 in Chaska is under construction to expand the road from a two-lane to a four-lane highway from Highway 212 to just north of Pioneer Trail. Scheduled for a September 2018 completion, this project will create detours and traffic delays that may affect travel to and from Two Twelve Medical Center; however, access to the Two Twelve Medical Center campus will remain open during construction.
- Full closure of Highway 41 from Hundertmark Road to Pioneer Trail from June to September 2018.
- Law enforcement will help keep traffic moving during construction. Watch for traffic controllers in the area Monday-Friday during peak travel times.
- Full trail closure from Hundertmark Road to Pioneer Trail (east side of Highway 41) from June to September 2018.
- Intersection reconstruction at Highway 41/Hundertmark Road and Highway 41/Pioneer Trail. This work will be completed in phases so these intersections can remain open to traffic. Drivers should expect delays, especially during peak hours.
- Highway 41/Hundertmark Road will have a temporary signal.
- Highway 41/Pioneer Trail will go to a three-way stop.
For the full project plan and map, updates and detour information, visit the Highway 41 project website.
- Highway 41 from Highway 212 to just north of Pioneer Trail will be expanded from a two-lane to a four-lane highway.
- The intersections at Hundertmark Road and Pioneer Trail will have signal and accessibility upgrades, and added lane capacity.
- A pedestrian tunnel will be built under Highway 41 near Lake Grace, connecting the trail on the west side of Highway 41 to the existing trail on the east side of the highway.
- A noise wall will be built along the west side of Highway 41, north of Hundertmark Road to Lake Grace.