Pictured with Linda Roebke, Ridgeview Foundation Board member and Scholarship Committee member, are (front row, from left): Cassidy McGillick, Emma Panning, Mariah Horning, Erica Quintero-Ponce, Ryann Beyer and Katherine Schleif; (back row, from left) Stephanie Hoffmann, Laura Price, Evalana Burroughs, Gabriell Bayerl, Kendra O’Brien, Jamie DeBruyckere and Linda Roebke. Not pictured are Lucy Koch, Elliot Forst and Betsy Surver.
Ridgeview Foundation is pleased to announce the 2017 recipients of a health care scholarship. Scholarships of $2,000 each were awarded to the following high school students who are pursuing a health-care related degree or career:
- Kellen Bergs Belle Plaine Sr. High School
- Emma Panning Central High School
- Laura Price Chanhassen High School
- Erica Quintero-Ponce Chaska High School
- Katherine Schleif Delano High School
- Stephanie Hoffmann Holy Trinity High School
- Gabriell Bayerl Howard Lake-Waverly-Winsted
- Jamie DeBruyckere Lester Prairie High School
- Lucy Koch Mayer Lutheran High School
- Elliot Forst Minnetonka High School
- Ryann Beyer Mound Westonka High School
- Betsy Surver Orono High School
- Cassidy McGillick Southwest Christian High School
- Evalana Burroughs Waconia High School
- Mariah Horning Ridgeview Medical Center Employee’s Child (Waconia
- Kendra O’Brien Watertown-Mayer High School
Ridgeview Foundation awarded $32,000 in scholarships to west-metro students this year. The Health Care Scholarship is 100 percent funded by Ridgeview Friends & Family, Ridgeview’s largest and oldest giving club, through annual donations from community members and Ridgeview employees.
In 2001, Ridgeview Foundation created the scholarship program in response to the shortage of health care workers. Nearly $90,000 was raised at the 2001 Ridgeview Foundation Golf Extravaganza toward the creation of the scholarship program. The Foundation has awarded scholarships to 196 area students since the program’s inception. Ridgeview Medical Center becomes an educational resource for many recipients as they frequently participate in job shadows and internships offered by Ridgeview. To date, 12 previous scholarship recipients have come to work at Ridgeview.
For more information about the scholarship program and its eligibility requirements, or to donate to the scholarship fund, please contact Ridgeview Foundation at 952-442-6010. Application forms for the 2018 scholarships will be available February 2018.